Saturday, May 17, 2014

Thinking about a boy


...A boy who's lean limber body is always a knocked arrow ready to fly, a spring
ready to bounce, a kite ready to fly. A boy who had a birthday recently! He moves with gaiety and speed. He never walks, but instead prances, climbs, and cavorts- everywhere. He knows lots of funny buttons- and he pushes them all simultaneously. Sometimes, I want to be more like this boy. I want to act fearless, even when I am not. I want to see the world as mostly friendly and entirely open-handed.

I wish that I could fabricate out of nothing a world where only my favorite things and selected people could live. I wish that I could take on any new challenge unabashedly, and, even, at times, foolheartedly. And I want to find the hilarity that you see in the world through it's quirks. I want to feel humor without embarrassment.


I wish I could see a world that said yes to my heart, even when no echoed in my ears. I wish I could stack numbers and make them dance. I want to see your magic in discovering new words. I want to learn new things, whole languages, any instrument encountered; just because. To be able to soak up stories how a tide pool catches the tide and then to see their reflections completely mesmerized.


I want to seek out stars and feel undaunted by the universe and the tinyness of my place in it.


I want to make everyone feel cherished and welcomed and friendly.


Oh, to be unfatigued and undeterred and, no matter what, to have your drive to press on! I love you dear boy and am glad you had such a wonderful birthday!

Love,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment