1. (Verb). To make ready for a specific occasion; for the future.
2. (Verb). To put in a proper state of mind.
Our tiny elves are doing a great job filling the house with cheer and joy. We've made preparations, put up the tree and also been doing a lot of physical clearing of stuff, which seems every bit as important as the mental preparations. It is crazy how easy it is to become encumbered with possessions and disheartening how many things are used for such a small amount of time before we send them to the landfill. This year, I really need to prepare a path for simplicity and it is amazing how hard that seems to be. I am really weary of objects, toys, and junk.
I'm trying to prepare our hearts to focus on the joys of the present moments and to be able to travel more lightly and quickly whereever we are sent.

No comments:
Post a Comment