Wednesday, June 27, 2012

The abominable snowman and the polka dot princess

Sometimes at the end of the day and I feel bitter. At the mountainous and growing stack of things that are undone or incomplete. At the rabid clutter that is cornering me in my own house. At the grime that is as obtrusive as an abominable snowman in my livingroom; in July, nonetheless. If he would let me I would dress him in wacky multi-colored knit hats, but I guess he is not the type. He hates to be coddled. He hates interruptions. But, I must continually remind myself, they are such good and lovely ones.

On Sunday I left chuch service early to play with my polka dot princess because her gleeful squeals were disruptive. I left to marvel at how big she has grown in a few short months. To watch her be precocious and plunky, silly and smiley. She waves and tries to say "Hi" to everyone that walks by. She tries, usually successfully, to eat shoes. She tries to show everyone how to find milk. She giggles and squawks and gives her own sermons quite loudly.

Then we had a lovely brunch out with my great mother in law at a new restaurant that features local farm food and delectible things like honey lemon lavendar scones and smoked gouda grits. Nevermind that mysterious magnetic forces kept dragging my sons to the floor or that aliens had come and absconded with their manners and instead just put rude and demanding epitaphs in their heads. Who knows maybe they had an encounter with Mr.A. Snowman that has traumatized them for life.



The Polka Dot Princess is all played out

I did get some great snuggles and naps with Miss P.D. Princess. And we finally got to taste the first five blueberries we had grown on our own bushes. Little orbs of goodness.

Later Evan helped get kids dinner. Number one and number three went for a walk with me and
We ended evening telling stories about our pet dragon. His name is Oogaloo.

Perhaps I hate things like the dishes so much because they are actually very obtrusive interruptions to the rest of my real life- the one that comes complete with calls from my yetti!!



No comments:

Post a Comment