| January 2011 |
| My little big foot |
I spend so much time thinking about just how much I have in these moments and how much I want to write about from each day, how much I want to bottle this joy up, tape it, jot it down, how much I want to squeeze every ounce from it; return to it. But this life just doesn't sit still. It's learning to crawl-scratch that, stand even walk, around the table- it needs a hug, a bandaid, a bounce, a kiss.
Move from your daydreams or the dinner has burned. It started like creme brulee but is coming out more like mud pie. This recipe works best when we try to remember what grandma suggested, but do not follow the rules, make do with what you have, throw everything in, expect super powers, and lick your fingers along the way.
We are on a journey one minute, towards a specific destination, and then suddenly I am looking back at roadsigns, backwards, in my rear view mirror. I'm beginning to see why there are so few books fiction or otherwise featuring the beauty of parenthood and about the joys of cultivating a love in the middle of that chaos. I keep trying to take notes, but usually must succumb instead to taking a nap, to going to bed.
And that thud that you now hear-it is my head hitting the pillow.
No comments:
Post a Comment