Saturday, December 24, 2011

24: Glory

24
Glory

Door in Rust, Austria
1. (noun) Great beauty and splendor. 
2. (noun) Something marked with beauty and resplendence


What is at the end? What is on the other side of the door? No doubt it is something magnificent. May this journey move us towards glory. Although we may get closer, we won't be able to fully comprehend. While traveling may we remember that "No man can rightly define glory, any more than he can define God. Glory is the fullness of God, and that is a subject too high for our finite minds. Yet, we do know in part..." (David Wilkerson), meeting him through a little child. 

In closing, I'm reminded of the words of a vespers I used to sing with college friends. "To God be the glory, now and forever. I pray tonight if we learned from one another may we glorify him. And if the Lord may bring us back together, may we be in his arms till then."


May you have a wonderful and resplendent Christmas! 

No comments:

Post a Comment