During the Christmas season, I thought I'd do some images and brief reflections about words of the season. So starting a few hours late, but here goes...
1
Presence
a) a person or thing that exists or is present in a place but is not seen.
b) the state or fact of existing, occurring, or being present in a place or thing.
This 2003 image is the last Christmas before my father-in-law Gary passed away the following Thanksgiving weekend. This time of year I need him more than any other. And sometimes, in glimpses, he is here looking over our shoulders. He dwelled in, anticipated, and embodied Christmas the rest of the 364 days more than anybody else I have ever known...until I met my children.
This season may you feel surrounded by the lovely spirits of your past while remaining fully aware of and engaged in the present season, whatever it holds. Give the gift of your undivided presence to those around you.

No comments:
Post a Comment